Pages

Tuesday, October 25, 2011

Field Trip to the Benson Gristmill Pumpkin Walk

A week or so ago, Benjamin's preschool class went on a little field trip to the Benson Gristmill's Pumpkin Walk. I volunteered to go along and help as did some other parents.  All the kids dressed up in their costumes and had a GREAT time!  We saw lots of cute pumpkin displays decorated to a Dr. Suess theme.  There was a craft table where the kids were able to decorate bats and also decorate sugar cookies.  There was a miniature corn maze that they had a BLAST in.  We saved the best for last. Mrs. Jamie took the kids on the hay ride.  We had to wait in line FOREVER!  By the time we got to the front, we decided to sent "one" parent and Mrs. Jamie with all of the kids.  They really liked that. The horses were huge. They were Arabian Draft horses.  Beautiful!  It was a really fun day!  Here are a few pictures I took while we were there:

Ben all dressed up like his cowboy self....ready to go.

All the kids in their costumes.
 
Ben in the corn maze...or should I say hay maze?

Ben at the beginning of the maze....tipping his hat off.

Now he's ready to enter....

Waiting for the hay ride.

In the hay wagon.

2 comments:

The Haws Family said...

So cute! Looks like fun!

Unknown said...

I am so glad you got to go. Ben looks way cool in his costume! That reminded me of when I went with Kelton's preschool class to the Pumpkin walk. Such good memories.